December 14, 2010

Peles Castle, Romania

Built between 1873-1883 (first floor) and between 1896-1914 (second floor), by the order of Carol of Hohenzollern-first king of Romania-,in the style of german rennaissancce , following the plans of a Viennese arhitect Wilhelm von Doderer and of a german arhitect Johann Schultz from Lemberg,with gottic transformations made by the czech arhitect Karinel Liman between 1896-1914, Peles has 160 rooms and a central tower (66m high). The castle was royal residence on summer(untill 1974) and in present it shelters a museum with pictures, sculptures, carpets, furniture.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...